Monday, September 12, 2011

A Real Blessing


Mystery and history
looking for that mojo
Wanting never to forget,
exactly where I come from...






Tattered hides, moccasin feet
earthworn faces cherub sweet
Times and troubles they weathered
blessed elders to them I'm tethered



Many paths forced to take
pride no one could ever forsake
Numbers once greatly decimated
rebirth, regrowth not calculated



Great heart again beats
veins pulsing beneath modern streets
What was once will again be
celestial tides subdue embittered history



 Great spirit has shown me the way,
illuminating my night, my day
Showing me what many would choose to forget
enlightenment, growth mine, I beget



Where I have come from most important,
heritage should never be a disappointment
Where I am going shaped by the past,
pride in self built to last



(c)2005
Nicole Davis (Vergara)





No comments: